Career planning, which is the most important step for success in business life, is a map that makes it easier for people who have finished their studies and have anxiety about the future to reach their goals.
What is Career?
For many people, career means the job-related part of life. Considered from a professional point of view, the sum of the different jobs you have had throughout your life shapes your career. However, these definitions do not fully capture the meaning of career. Career; it has a broader meaning, which encompasses life. Consider the decisions you make about a job or college as valuable parts of the lifelong process. Career seen this way; It can be defined as the sum of your decisions that guide your educational, social, economic, spiritual (and political, if applicable) endeavors and reflect your unique personality traits and core values. You can take a big step in your career by making career choices that complement your personal characteristics and help you realize your core values.
How to make a professional project?
Career plan; It’s a practical strategy that allows you to define your skills, interests, career goals, and take steps to help you achieve them. It not only helps you achieve your passion, but also helps you achieve your career goals through concrete actions.
- First, you need to know which career is best for you. Prioritize your choice based on your interests and strengths, and consider the importance of factors such as salary, company culture, working hours, commuting time.
- List your current skills. Listing your skills and experience not only helps you understand which career path is right for you, but also helps you determine if you are qualified to follow your preferred path.
- Set goals and actions. Once you’ve decided on your ideal career path, you need to set your goals.
- Your goals help you decide what actions to take.
- Setting deadlines for each of your goals motivates you to get things done. Whether you set exact dates or choose a broader time scale (such as a specific month), adding dates to your career plan adds realism to your goals.
Promotion in the Society
The promotion of employees within the organization is linked to the effectiveness of human resources (HR) in career planning. The companies human resources department should assess each position individually and assign assignments to the appropriate people. Through human resource planning, it is ensured that the company can effectively use its human resources. Forward-looking management of company careers, which plays an important role in the internal promotion of employees;
- Employee self-assessment,
- Make people achieve their individual success,
- Self-improvement and employee progress
- It helps in providing good education and career opportunity to the employee with seminars and courses.
Sector career plan
It is very important to know in which sector you want to work in career planning. Sector-based career planning; your profession revolves around your interests and skills. To do this, you can start by looking for the sectors that are suitable for your business. However, before that, it is important to find out if you have detailed information about your profession. You must be sure that you have all the characteristics and qualifications required by your profession. You can consult job offers related to your profession on job search sites. You can get information about the qualifications required by the industry you want to work in from people working in that industry.
How should the objectives be determined?
When determining the career goal, the person must first know himself. He should review his past experiences and realize what he was successful in and what he enjoys. Self-awareness is the first and most important step in setting career goals. Skills and personal qualities also play an important role in setting goals. Characteristics such as computer knowledge, foreign language level, fluent diction and special qualifications of the sector one wishes to work in form the basis for career choices. If your career objective is banking, you must have graduated from a department related to the sector. Having strong digital skills and knowing how to use a computer are the requirements of the job. However, being successful, being patient and tolerant in human relationships are personal traits.