The majority of students now prefer online shopping, which has significantly increased the number of packages received in educational institutions. PackageX helps solve this problem by launching a reliable, secure and contemporary solution that can help institutions simplify mail and package management.
NEW YORK, NY/ACCESSWIRE/May 2, 2022/ Campus mailrooms are experiencing delays due to the high volume of packages following the Covid-19 pandemic and student move-in. Managing packages and deliveries to students and faculty has become a challenge as e-commerce has replaced physical channels without precedent. According toMcKinseyUS e-commerce penetration has seen 10 years of growth in just three months.
More and more students now prefer online shopping, which increases the volume of packages in educational institutions. A medium-sized university in the United States receives almost 120,000 parcels annually for students and teachers. Although e-commerce is the primary trigger for most of these shipments, various other inbound packages, such as urgent medical supplies and personal documents, also contribute to this massive influx of packages. Similarly, shipping more packages is also challenging for universities and colleges because generating shipping labels is time consuming on legacy systems and the current mix of shipping providers is limited.
Therefore, to simplify the management of mail and parcels in educational institutions, PackageX has introduced a modern, unified, secure and reliable logistics solution that provides greater visibility, increased efficiency and a superior experience.
How does PackageX solve the problem?
To enable digital mail and parcel management for educational institutions, the PackageX logistics platform is excited to release easy-to-use applications and APIs, including:
- Receive – Automates parcel receiving operations on campuses
- Dispatch – Facilitates the generation of shipping labels
- Label OCR API – Converts any smart device into a universal label scanner
These apps and APIs optimize package management and shipping solutions at educational institutions and help them track every package entering or leaving campus. Plus, they offer enterprise-grade security with end-to-end encryption given the massive increase in cyber threats.
PackageX Receive is an application that automates complex mail and package receiving processes and workflows such as label data ingestion, forwarding, pickup, storage, notifications, and package retrieval in universities and colleges. It helps you save ~7,000 hours annual package processing on campuses without any manual data entry.
Some important features that can help educational institutions include:
- Label OCR Scanner – You can scan, match and save packages in 3 seconds with the AI-powered OCR scanner. Plus, you don’t need any additional hardware for scanning, because Receive turns any smart device into a scanner.
- Custom Workflows – University mailroom managers can define workflows based on their receiving process.
- Visual notifications – Another powerful feature of Receive is its ability to send visual notifications to recipients. You can configure email, SMS and WhatsApp notification templates.
- Self-service pick-up – With self-service pickup, students, teachers, and staff can pick up their packages by scanning a QR code. The presence of a mailroom manager is not required.
- Multi-hop tracking – It allows you to configure multiple routing hops and provides end-to-end traceability across all hops.
- Receive Connect – Students and other recipients can choose remote actions on their packages, such as scan and send, hold, forward and destroy.
Dispatch The app is developed to make shipping flexible and easy for universities and colleges. You can generate shipping labels from national carriers and on-demand couriers at discounted rates with two clicks. Moreover, you can also view and compare shipping rates based on speed and price.
Key features include:
- Flexible shipping – You can quickly ship and track shipments via domestic and on-demand couriers.
- Reduced fares – Generate custom shipping labels at discounted rates.
- Shipping Rate List – You can view shipping rates and filter by speed and price in one view.
- Address Verification – Dispatch helps you validate shipping addresses to ensure accurate deliveries.
- Notice – Send notifications to senders and recipients about shipments.
Label OCR API
PackageX Label OCR API automates packaging label data ingestion by turning any smart device into a label scanner. It can read everything on the package label, including text (even handwritten), barcodes and QR codes. You can integrate our label OCR API into your existing systems and optimize parcel processing.
Key features include:
- Robust Data Extraction – OCR software can extract information from printed and handwritten labels.
- Low latency – Easily integrate the OCR API into your system with a response time of less than 1 second, excluding network latency.
- Smart dashboard – With the intuitive dashboard, you can smoothly manage OCR API keys.
- Extraction of barcodes and QR codes – OCR API can easily extract barcodes and QR codes.
- Multilingual labels – OCR API integration supports multiple languages and provides high accuracy.
PackageX is a unique platform that aims to build a modern and connected system that helps various industries run their logistics operations smoothly. It includes different applications and APIs that cover all essential logistics management processes with a focus on speed, convenience and visibility.
What makes the PackageX platform so unique?
The very fact that it was built around the same challenges faced by college and university mailrooms. Plus, it’s helping the education industry rethink its package management technology and workflows.
For more information, please visit https://packagex.io/
Company: PackageX Inc.
Person: Kyle Grzybowski
Position: account manager
E-mail: [email protected]
Telephone: +1 (518) 817 3712
THE SOURCE: PackageX Inc.
See the source version on accesswire.com: